We are now working on the 4th generation of Registry software. We are also starting a Registry Steering Committee. Stay tuned.
Here is a disorganized list of software tasks.
- User and group management system More...
- Support for alternate assembly methods and the resulting variation in "scars" in the sequence.
- Support for multiple sequences for a part.
- Machine readable formats for Registry contents. (e.g. XML, JSON, csv, rdf)
- Machine readable formats for part submissions. (e.g. XML, or Excel Spreadsheet)
- Provide private sandbox space for laboratories so they can keep their work hidden until it is
- New interfaces to the DNA sequencing system.
- New text search engine.
- Improve part quality:
- Part-type-specific database information (like the new protein coding region information)
- Implementfion of the part promotion and rating system
- Part sequencing and checking for accuracy (some software required)
- New features
- Tools to help preparing a part for synthesis
- GENBANK format sequence and feature input and output
- Automatic feature finding as in APE
- New documentation under development
If you have a new user suggestion, please add it to the page here.